AIM (Art – Innovation – Movement) is an organization supporting artistic causes and dedicated to becoming a unique Canadian platform for exposing attendees to leading-edge multimedia art from around the globe. With a focus on live performance, interactive multimedia art, sound and digital technologies. AIM offers a new, non-pretentious, vision of the festival industry. To those who are overwhelmed by the usual festival formula, we propose an ultimate and intimate festival experience and set design. Our mandate is to provide cutting-edge, established and emerging artists destined for the global market, and to create artistic convergence. No fast-food music, no foam, no cake, no steam.
We will provide an immersive experience on our site. AIM is the only festival in Canada authorized to offer non-stop music for more than 32 hours! Facilities will therefore be built to fully engage the community in the experience. On-site activities will also include educational and artistic workshops. The goal is to offer an interactive and captivating experience for everyone. With your help, we hope to make a difference in the world as well as in the industry. In this regard, our efforts also include offering financial support to groups providing direct help to young people in need such as Young Musicians Of The World, The River Foundation the Canadian AIDS Society.
GREEN AIM Movement
We believe that it’s possible to have a good time without destroying the environment. Conscious of the impact of an event like AIM, we will implement several initiatives to respect the environment.
The Main Objective
- Reduce our impact on the environment.
- Reusable cup program that eliminates nearly all plastic cups on site.
- All dishes will be recyclable or compostable.
- A public compost bin.
- Blog entries concerning eco-responsibility.
- Campaign to obtain eco-responsible event status from the Bureau de Normalisation du Québec.
- Reducing our carbon footprint: no paper used, no food wasted, no USB keys used for promotional purposes.
- All our printed promotional documents will be made from recycled paper.
- 60% of our advertizing will be done online (web, social networks, radio, etc.)
- Introduction of an on-site water fountain to encourage festival-goers to reuse their water bottles and reduce the number of plastic bottles generated by the event.
We will also integrate a new green initiative which encouraging attendees to turn in a piece of garbage such as an empty bottle or empty cigarette pack to the AIM Green Booth
in exchange for a gift.